HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT BEFORE I HAVE MY CHILD TESTED
Parents often confide that their child has had trouble in school for years. Yet every parent watches for improvement and looks at the new school year as a new start. The harsh reality is that another year of low grades may very well add to the child’s problems in school.
To avoid the negative snowball effect, take a good look at
your child’s behavior. It will point to the need for testing and when.
Here are some signs that typically are shown by students who are
1. Dislike of school
2. Avoidance of homework assignments
3. Excessive length of time to finish assignments
4. Loss of homework or book
5. Below-average grades in any academic subject
6. Emotional outbursts during homework time
7. Complete unfamiliarity with work assigned
8. Teacher comments indicating difficulties
If your child has any of these symptoms, the fastest way to find out if there is a serious problem is to contact an assessment center. Be sure the assessment includes both strengths and weaknesses, because both are important.
Information Provided As A Service Of CityBizDirectory